About Me

My photo
I am a sophomore in college. I like to complain about menial tidbits of the world around me.

Egg

Egg
It is boiled. Very boiled.

The Week of January 19th

, , , , , , , , , , 0 Comments »

Greetings! And welcome to my blog. Here you will see the random rants of a first-year college student of Eastern University. Although this is a class assignment, I will treat it more as a place where I can vent about anything and everything. So, without further ado...


You know what really boils my egg?


The inauguration! No, not the actual inauguration itself. I'm excited for our new president to come in and clean this mess up. I'm talking about the big deal made on Barack Hussein Obama's flub on the national oath.

"This country is going to Hell! Obama is in office now! AND he made our country look bad by messing up on our nation's oath!"

Please.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/01/20/1751351.aspx

Now, I know that MSNBC and Fox are rivaling news company with the battle of left vs. right, but MSNBC posted the transcript on their site to show it was equal fault.

What happened was plain and simple: President Obama (who was probably nervous as anything when he was up there) started to repeat the oath and messed up when he didn't immediately give his full name. And, in turn, Chief Justice Roberts messed up on the next line. You know what? They're human! Gasp!

Another thing: does it truly matter? He messed up on the words to an oath. We're still in economic trouble, still involved in a war, and still divided as a nation. It's time to drop the insignificant crap.

Well, that's my first barrage. I'll probably be attacking more unimportant things, but this REALLY boiled my egg. So, until next time, I leave you all with a quote:

"Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing." - Abraham Lincoln

0 Responses to "The Week of January 19th"

Post a Comment